Please see below for special covid-19 safety precautions
The safety of all the children at Adventure Time is our number one priority. We have a comprehensive roll call and check-in system to ensure that staff members know where every child is at all times. Roll calls are taken several times daily. Children are always within the sight of a teacher. All areas inside the classroom and outdoors are supervised with staff members strategically positioned in all areas and exits from the playground. Walkie-Talkies are used by staff members to monitor the movement of children between indoors and outdoors.
Teachers are trained when first hired, and the ongoing training and supervision of all staff members by the Site Director and our Senior Program Supervisor ensures compliance with our safety policies.
Teachers at Adventure Time are college/university trained and meet or exceed California licensing regulations. Staff to child ratios vary between 1:10 and 1:14, depending on the time of day and school site. We have a very high staff retention rate, with many of our employees working with us for over 15 years. Our teachers are an important part of the community and work closely with parents, families, and the school staff. We have had the same management team for 30 years.
Our teachers are trained and certified in CPR and first aid. We conduct fingerprint and background checks on each of our teaching staff members to ensure that our teachers are caring, dedicated professionals who put the welfare of your children first.
All the members of our management team and teaching staff understand how precious your children are. We care for your children, nurture them, and provide understanding and activities to foster learning, social skills, and compassion. We strive to earn your complete trust in caring for your children.
All of our staff members are trained in dealing with emergency situations. We work closely with the elementary school principal and staff to ensure preparedness for earthquakes, fire, and other emergencies. We conduct regular safety drills with the children.
Children may be picked up only by a parent or guardian or other adult designated on the child's emergency form which is completed by the person enrolling the child. If a teacher does not recognize the person picking up a child, a picture ID is required before the child is released.
Extra safety precautions due to covid-19 :
• You must check in and check out your child at the parent table which will be located outside the classroom.
• A.T. staff will do a wellness check of your child upon arrival (Temperature check, symptoms, etc.).
• All personal items should be labeled and kept in your child’s backpack, including school supplies. Backpacks will be kept outside in a secure area.
• Children should bring a bag lunch every day. A.T. will provide a morning and afternoon snack.
• Children will be kept in stable groups of 10-12 per week.
• Parents should restrict any extra-curricular activities of their children while they are attending Adventure Time to reduce exposure to Covid-19. This is based on the recommendation of the Alameda County Public Health Department.
• All A.T. staff will be wearing masks and other Personal Protective Equipment. Although not required, children are encouraged to wear masks provided by their parents.
• Space will be limited to insure safety of children and staff.
• We will be creating specific time blocks of attendance based on the majority of parent needs.
• What schools we decide to open will be based on the number of children needing care.
• Parents and children traveling out of the Bay Area must quarantine upon return for 10 days before returning to Adventure Time. All tuition will still be due and is non-refundable.